A brand new model of the open supply e-mail consumer Thunderbird is obtainable. Thunderbird 78.5.1 is a bug repair and safety launch. The safety problem that’s addressed has been rated as excessive, the second highest severity score after crucial.
The brand new model of the e-mail consumer is already accessible. Thunderbird customers ought to get it supplied to them mechanically; those that do not need to wait can choose Assist > About Thunderbird within the e-mail consumer to run a guide test for updates. The “About” window shows the at present put in model of Thunderbird making it straightforward to match the put in model to the most recent.
The event workforce lists one safety problem that has been fastened in Thunderbird 78.5.1. It’s not a problem that’s actively exploited presently.
CVE-2020-26970: Stack overflow resulting from incorrect parsing of SMTP server response codes
When studying SMTP server standing codes, Thunderbird writes an integer worth to a place on the stack that’s supposed to comprise only one byte. Relying on processor structure and stack format, this results in stack corruption that could be exploitable.
The official launch notes record one new function, two modifications, and a great dozen fixes.
The brand new function permits Thunderbird customers to disable the encryption of the e-mail topic when utilizing the built-in OpenPGP performance. The modifications introduce help for multi-file choice and bulk importing of OpenPGP keys within the e-mail consumer, and a change within the getComposeDetails operate that extensions might use. The operate will look ahead to “compose-editor-ready” occasions within the new model.
The next points are corrected in Thunderbird 78.5.1:
- The brand new mail icon is faraway from the System Tray when Thunderbird is closed; it remained seen in earlier variations.
- Thunderbird didn’t honor the “run search on server” choice when working searches.
- Two OpenPGP fixes: 1) key had been lacking from key supervisor, and a couple of) choice to import keys from clipboard at all times disabled.
- Darkish theme repair that addresses spotlight colours for folders with unread messages being not seen when the darkish theme was enabled.
- The choice “place replies within the folder of the message being replied to” didn’t work when “reply to record” was used.
- Hyperlink button did nothing when Filelink was not arrange.
- Incorrect output when printing mailing record members.
- Addressed a connection isse to LDAP servers that use self-signed certificates.
- Autoconfig through LDAP didn’t work as anticipated.
- Utilizing Ctrl-Enter in Calendar created duplicate occasions.
Now You: have you ever put in the most recent Thunderbird model?