An extension icon that appears like a chunk of a jigsaw puzzle is displayed when you’ve got no less than one extension put in in Google Chrome. Google added the icon to the Chrome browser as an experiment initially however has now made it a everlasting addition to Chrome.
Designed to enhance the manageability of browser extensions, it’s helpful to cover and present particular person extension icons, and to entry different extension associated features reminiscent of opening the preferences of the add-on or eradicating it from Chrome.
Whereas that’s helpful at occasions, it will also be of little use to others, particularly if all extension icons are displayed on the principle toolbar already.
Up till now, you can conceal the extension icon of Chrome on the chrome://flags web page. Google eliminated the choice to take action nonetheless, and there’s no choice at present obtainable in Chrome to cover the extension icon in the event you do not want it or wish to use the area for one thing else.
Our Ask VG colleagues discovered a strategy to conceal the extension icon in latest variations of Chrome. It requires working Chrome with a parameter. Here’s what you should do in the event you run Home windows:
- Shut Google Chrome.
- Find the Chrome icon on the taskbar, Begin Menu or desktop.
- Proper-click on the icon on the desktop and choose properties, or
- Proper-click on the icon on the taskbar or Begin Menu, and right-click once more on the Chrome identify when the menu opens, after which on properties.
- Add the next string to the tip of the goal subject (with out the citation marks however with the area character): “ –disable-features=ExtensionsToolbarMenu“.
- The road ought to appear to be this afterwards: “C:Program Recordsdata (x86)GoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe” –disable-features=ExtensionsToolbarMenu
- Choose OK to save lots of the brand new goal string.
- Begin Google Chrome. The extension icon ought to not be displayed.
You’ll be able to restore the icon at any time by deleting the parameter once more from the goal subject once more.
I’ve examined the parameter in latest steady variations of Chrome and it really works superb. Google would possibly take away it at anytime although, however it’s the solely choice at present to cover the extension icon within the browser.
Now You: Something that you prefer to faraway from the Google Chrome toolbar, or added to it?