On his weekly cooking section, WGN Leisure Reporter Dean Richards shares Thanksgiving dessert concepts for Baked Apples and No-Bake Pumpkin Cannoli.
- 4 giant baking apples, reminiscent of Honeycrisp
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 375 levels F.
2. Wash and core apples, leaving sufficient of the core on the base of the apple to include the filling.
3. Mix the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped pecans in a small bowl. Roll log shapes of the combination and press sufficient into every apple to fill the core.
4. Fill a 2-quart baking dish with about 3/4 cup water, or sufficient to cowl the underside. Place the apples upright within the dish. Bake till the apples are gentle and the filling is browned, 1 hour.
No-Bake Pumpkin Cannoli
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 12 Cannolli Shells
- Beat cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice with mixer till blended. Gently stir in 2-1/2 cups COOL WHIP.
- Spoon pumpkin combination right into a resealable plastic bag and snip a 3/4-inch gap in 1 nook. Pipe pumpkin combination into every cannoli shell. Garnish the ends with sprinkles and confectioners’ sugar.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or till agency.
Recommend a Correction