India’s smartphone market set a brand new file within the third quarter (July-August-September) of the yr 2020. In response to the newest analysis from Counterpoint’s Market Monitor service, the smartphone market clocked highest-ever shipments in a single quarter. The smartphone shipments within the nation grew 9% year-on-year (YoY) to achieve over 53 million items within the quarter, an all-time excessive for the market. “The push from the manufacturers coupled with the pent-up demand as a result of lockdown and robust gross sales on on-line platforms led to this development,” says the report.
“The Indian smartphone market is on a restoration path because the lockdown restrictions have been relaxed. The market has proven a constant development for the previous couple of months. It noticed sturdy demand through the Independence Day interval in August as main on-line platforms hosted large gross sales,” stated senior analysis analyst Prachir Singh commenting available on the market dynamics.
This is all that helped the market set this file and different key highlights:
* Samsung led the Indian smartphone market with 24% cargo share for the primary time since Q3 2017, Xiaomi adopted carefully with 23% share. Samsung noticed 32% YoY development.
* Xiaomi stays the highest on-line model. The corporate witnessed sturdy demand for its Redmi 9 and Observe 9 sequence through the quarter.
* The market noticed a rise in common promoting worth (ASP) of smartphones. “Because of the pandemic, Indian customers have ended up saving on leisure actions. These financial savings are actually being funnelled into smartphone purchases,” says the report.
* The mid-tier section (Rs 10,000-Rs 20,000) emerged because the most-popular section. The section gained its highest-ever cargo share in 1 / 4.
* The give attention to on-line channels elevated. “Even the offline-centric manufacturers like vivo, OPPO and Itel are rising their on-line presence as a result of altering client behaviour. Although on-line channels stay in focus, OEMs are additionally attempting to leverage new alternatives in offline channels in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities. On this regard, Xiaomi launched ‘Mi retailer on Wheels’, Samsung launched Galaxy M01 Core and vivo introduced extra retail low cost,” says the report.
* Vivo entered the premium market with its X50 sequence. The corporate that holds No. 3 place available in the market grew to become the primary OEM to launch a gimbal digicam cellphone.
* Realme expanded C-series with a number of launches to leverage the pent-up demand. Its Narzo sequence additionally gained important traction available in the market.
* Apple led the premium section (Rs 30,000 above). The corporate beat OnePlus even earlier than its 2020 flagship launch, pushed by sturdy demand for iPhone SE 2020 and iPhone 11.
* OnePlus remained the highest model within the reasonably priced premium section (Rs 30,000-Rs 45,000), pushed by OnePlus 8 gross sales. The corporate entered the higher mid-tier (Rs 20,000 – Rs 30,000) with its Nord sequence. The preliminary quarter noticed OnePlus Nord emerge because the best-selling mannequin inside the section.