- Incoming calls in your
Androidcould go straight to voicemailfor a number of causes, together with points along with your cellphone’s SIM card or its Bluetoothand Do Not Disturb settings.
- There are 5 fast and straightforward methods you possibly can troubleshoot when your calls are going straight to voicemail.
- If none of those fixes work, it is best to attain out to your mobile service supplier for help.
Incoming calls in your Android cellphone inexplicably going straight to voicemail with out ringing is a secular — but irritating — subject. However there’s a proof and, extra importantly, a strategy to repair it.
Whereas there may very well be a number of potential causes, virtually all of them contain your cellphone’s settings, making it usually straightforward to troubleshoot. Among the many handful of issues which may routinely ship your calls to voicemail is your cellphone’s Do Not Disturb mode, blocked numbers, name forwarding, Bluetooth connections, and your cellphone’s SIM card.
Whether or not you by chance activated any of those cellphone options or forgot you turned them on, do not fret. Restoring your Android’s default settings to obtain calls once more could be a fast course of.
Find out how to troubleshoot your Android when incoming calls go straight to voicemail
Listed here are 5 issues to troubleshoot when your calls go straight to voicemail — and the one factor it is best to do when nothing else works.
Flip off your Android’s Do Not Disturb mode
In case your cellphone is ready to “Do Not Disturb,” most or your entire cellphone calls will go on to voicemail. So it is price checking to see if the cellphone has been by chance put in that mode.
1. Pull down your cellphone’s Management Middle by swiping down from the highest of the display screen.
2. Verify that the Do Not Disturb icon shouldn’t be enabled.
For extra data, learn our article “How to turn on and customize Do Not Disturb settings on your Android phone.”
Take away a quantity out of your blocked numbers listing on Android
Are you utilizing your cellphone’s name blocking function? It will probably come in useful to cease telemarketers and different undesirable calls, however you is perhaps accidentally blocking phone numbers that you simply need to ring by. You may flip this off in your Android Telephone app.
1. Begin the Telephone app.
2. Faucet the three dots on the high of the display screen.
3. Within the drop-down menu, select “Settings.”
4. Choose “Block numbers.”
5. Take away any cellphone numbers from the listing you do not need to ship to voicemail instantly.
For extra particulars, learn our article “How to block a number on any Android phone to stop receiving unwanted calls.”
Disable any name forwarding options
Not all Android telephones assist name forwarding, and it is dependent upon your mobile supplier, however you might be forwarding your calls on to your voicemail or one other quantity. Disabling any of your Android system’s name forwarding options could resolve the problem.
1. Begin the Telephone app.
2. Faucet the three dots within the high left of the display screen.
3. Choose “Settings” or “Name Settings.”
4. Select “Calls.”
5. Faucet “Name forwarding.”
6. Flip off any of the 4 listed choices: “All the time ahead,” “Ahead when busy,” “Ahead when unanswered,” and “Ahead when unreached.”
Flip your Bluetooth connection off
Generally, your cellphone’s Bluetooth connection can get confused and assume it is linked to a tool when, the truth is, it isn’t. You may need skilled this while you flip off Bluetooth earbuds, and audio doesn’t swap to the cellphone’s speaker. As an alternative, all you hear is silence. Fortunately, the treatment is easy.
1. Pull down the Management Middle by swiping down from the highest of the display screen.
2. Faucet the Bluetooth icon to show it off fully.
3. Wait a second after which faucet it once more to show it again on.
Change your Android cellphone’s SIM card
Generally, a defective or broken SIM card could cause bizarre issues, and it is extra more likely to be the perpetrator in the event you take away and change the SIM card usually. In different phrases, the extra you deal with it, the extra possible it is an issue.
You may try and take away, reseat, and insert the SIM card to deal with the problem. However to be one hundred pc certain it is the explanation your calls are going straight to voicemail, it is best to contact your mobile supplier and change the cardboard with a brand new model. You may request a brand new SIM card with out altering your cellphone quantity or making any modifications to your service.
Verify your protection and speak to your mobile supplier
If none of these easy fixes solved your downside, it is extra possible that the issue shouldn’t be along with your Android handset however along with your mobile service.
Strive a protection map out of your supplier to see when you have dependable service or check your service with one other cellphone. In case your protection may be very weak, incoming calls can go straight to voicemail. You too can strive