One of many greatest new options to return in iOS 14 is the flexibility to set default browser and e-mail apps. Establishing a default app may not be a giant deal if you happen to’re an Android consumer, nonetheless if you happen to’ve been utilizing an iPhone for years, you’d perceive the significance of this nifty addition that took so lengthy to reach on iOS. Everybody likes choices and eventually having the selection to choose your most popular browser or e-mail shopper on iOS is a win win state of affairs. Comply with this information as we let you know find out how to set default browser and e-mail apps in iOS 14.
iOS 14: Set default browser app
To set your most popular browser app as default in iOS 14, observe these steps.
- Go to Settings > use the search bar up prime to seek out your browser. Alternatively, you may as well scroll down and search for the browser in Settings.
- On the subsequent web page, faucet Default Browser App and set your most popular one as default.
- Do observe, In case your most popular browser would not present this feature, it is most likely as a result of the builders have not added assist for this function but. It could present up in a future replace, however as of now Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge do assist it.
iOS 14: Set default e-mail app
To set your most popular e-mail app as default in iOS 14, observe these steps.
- Go to Settings > use the search bar up prime to seek out your e-mail app. Alternatively, you may as well scroll down and search for the app in Settings.
- On the subsequent web page, faucet Default E mail App and set your most popular one as default.
We’ll say it once more that you might want to be affected person in case your most popular e-mail app would not present the choice to set it as default. Simply know that iOS 14 has introduced this new function and most e-mail apps will roll out updates quickly to assist this.
That is how easy it’s to set a browser or an e-mail app as default in iOS 14.
For extra tutorials, go to our How To part.
Is Android One holding again Nokia smartphones in India? We mentioned this on Orbital, our weekly know-how podcast, which you’ll be able to subscribe to by way of Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or simply hit the play button under.